Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Day 10, project 10 (d10:p10)

THE CLIENT:

Ash Anand; private electrican/ plummer


THE BRIEF:

(existing business card)




Primary target: To update/ contemporise his business cards.

Secondary target: To complete all work within 60 minutes.

Due to the Internet problems, I was forced to re-arrange my project schedule. After designing business cards on day 3/9, I decided to set a project within the project and test how much I had learned so far with business card design.

All work was now to be designed and delivered within the hour.


THE OUTCOME:

(presentation board1)



(board2)


(detail)



Start time: 12:34 (25/3/07)
Delivery time: 13:12 (25/3/07). Emailed to Ash Anand from Internet Cafe, Catford.

4 comments:

gdcom student said...

I bet they are very pleased with the change!!
and in such a short time! well done!

cristina

gdcom student said...

Thank you Cris. It was so hard because I kept feeling as though I was designing it for me- No pictures or pastel colours!

M.

gdcom student said...

Yes, I know what you mean! Now that I'm trying designing for people I feel not very sure if I'm still designing for me or for them... Where are the boundaries!!??
What I do is send very quickly a first draft to see what the response is. But you don't have the time, do you?
cristina

gdcom student said...

Not really. It also depends on the client. Some are totally free-range and others prefer to have a grip on a constant basis. The first two weeks of the project were very important as I was not only getting the projects, but meeting the clients and trying to gage their preferred style.
M.