Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Day 40, project 40 (d40: p40)

THE CLIENT:

City of London School for Girls, Barbican (my beloved Secondary School, 1996- 2003)
www.clsg.org.uk





(FYI: look at the last picture on the right, top row...that's me...back in the day!)



(crikey...that was yonks ago!)


THE BRIEF:

AM: Conceptual:
Working with Charlene Stevenson in the Development and Marketing department: re-design of the Sixh Form Prospectus 2007-9, for re-publication 2008

PM: Practical:
Teacher's assistant to Miss. Curtis & Miss. Douglas, Heads Art Department



THE OUTCOME:

(a sign from above...)



(the lovely Charlene Stevenson, Marketing Director)





(old school layout design: cut and paste)



(working hard for the money...)



(...so hard for the money...)



(the finished dissected prospectus)



(was also invited by Charlene Stevenson to a Marketing, Communications and Media Networking Event, 9th May )




PM: Practical1 : Lesson1: Miss Curtis
Screen printing with Miss Curtis for a student textile piece.
PM: Practical2: Lesson2: Miss Douglas, lesson assistance

(the olg gang reunited)














Start time: 8:30(24/4/07)
Finish time: 5:05 (24/4/07)

6 comments:

Shine On said...

Wow looks like you had an amazing time! Takes you back being back at school eh? You've gained such a diverse experience in the 40 days so far - this is an excellent bog...keep 'em coming! (Oh by the way, I went to City of London too - boys that is - yikes a roo as you would say!)

gdcom student said...

Thank you for your supportive comments, its' been a fantastic 40 days, and was a fantastic day yesterday- many memories, but a lot of work, my legs were killing after that!
(Really! That is a yikes-a-roo, what a small world! I'm sure our paths must have crossed).

Melissa

Shine On said...

Oh and I forgot to mention - your paintings are truly amazing..your surname isnt Picasso is it?

gdcom student said...

How did you know? My secret's out...dang!

M.

Lucy said...

Next time you go back to school can I come with? I was thinking about Miss Curtis today and then I saw her on here and its just made me want to go back and bask in the glory of the art department!

gdcom student said...

Defo! I had to carry that massively heavy painting back with me all the way home, so couldn't manage any other old pieces. It was just so weird goin back Luc, the art department is exctly the same...but have got all hi-tech and got computers everywhere! I tell you the best things always happen after we leave!

Mel x